161. Which part of the sentence has an error?
“I found a purse lying in the corridor. I have no idea who it belonged to.”
(a) a purse
(b) lying in
(c) have no idea
(d) who it belonged
162. Complete the sentence using the correct form of verb in the brackets :
Presidential _____ (assent/ascent) is a must _____ (in/on/for) the new legislation.
(a) assent, in
(b) ascent, on
(c) assent, for
(d) ascent, in
163. Choose the correct word from the given pairs to complete the sentence :
‘As the ATM ran out of ____, the manager ordered to get money from the ____ refill the ATM.
(a) cash, cash
(b) cash, cache
(c) cache, cache
(d) cache, cash
164. Choose the correct meaning of the given idiom:
“Raining cats and dogs”
(a) Very heavy rain
(b) A strange event
(c) A false gossip
(d) Something impossible
165. Which among the following phrase describes Someone who comes up with a counter argument contrary to what other people have been saying?
(a) Midnight’s Children
(b) Dark Sheep
(c) Devil’s Advocate
(d) Satan’s Sword
166. Which among the following is the correct spelling according to the dictionary?
167. Given below are parts of a single sentence.
Each part is labelled as K, L, M, N. You need to arrange the given parts to form a coherent sentence by identifying the correct sequence.
K: a reception which will be attended by
L: from the film and sports fraternity
M: a host of celebrities
N: tonight the couple will host
168. Identify the word that is spelt correctly.
169. Choose the correct meaning of the given idiom:
To tie the knot
(a) Get married
(b) Playing with a coir rope
(c) Give a death penalty
(d) Commit suicide
170. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the word given in the brackets :
My guide ____ (tell) me if I wanted to meet these people, I would have to walk two miles.
(d) has tell
171. Identify the word that is spelt correctly.
172. Identify the word from the following options that shall appear last in an ordinary English dictionary.
173. Given below are parts of a single sentence.
Each part is labelled as K, L, M, N. You need to arrange the given parts to form a coherent sentence by identifying the correct sequence :
K: lies in
N: the eyes of the
174. From the given options, identify the word that does not signify the meaning of the word, Traduce.
175. Which of the given options best describes the meaning of the phrase
“To stew in one’s own juice”?
(a) To eat healthy food
(b) To suffer the results of one’s actions
(c) To eat unhealthy food
(d) To suffer the results of other’s actions
176. From the given options, identify the synonym of the ‘Consequences’.
177. Which of the given words describe Yashpal’s state most appropriately?
“I am feeling under the weather today,” said Yashpal.
178. Choose the option that cannot be made by using the letters of the given word :
179. Which of the following is a wrong spelling?
180. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate option as given :
Giving money to the poor is a/an _____ act service to the poor.