141. Which of the following is meant by the idiom “Hit the sack” ?
(A) To go to bed
(B) To make good use of opportunities
(C) To do the right thing
(D) To work hard
142. Which of the following words is spelti correctly?
143. Complete the sentence using the appropriate option :
He was promoted to the rank of Major in recognition of his ______ during the battle.
144. Which of the following is meant by the word “Detritus”?
(A) A sum of money that somebody owes
(B) Self-harm or damage
(C) Waste material
(D) Someone who criticizes unfairly
145. Change the following sentence into passive voice :
I remember my father taking me to the theatre.
(A) I remember been taking to the theatre by my father.
(B) I remember being taken to the theatre my father.
(C) I remember being taken to the theatre by my father.
(D) I remember been taken the theatre by my father.
146. What is the correct meaning of ‘knackered’ in the following sentence ?
I’m too knackered to go out this evening.
147. Complete the analogy :
William Shakespeare : Venus and Adonis : : William Wordsworth : ?
(B) Modern Love
(C) Fireflies in the Garden
(D) Love and Death
148. Choose the correctly spelt word from the following:
149. In the given question, find out which part of the sentence (I/II/III/IV) has an error. Choose the correct option accordingly.
Are you coming (I) / or is you staying at home (II) / or will you go (III) / and see Mum ? (IV)
150. In the given question, find out which part of the sentence (I/II/III/IV) has an error. In case of No error, answer would be (IV). Choose the correct option accordingly.
I tried to get the surgeon (I) / to illicit that she just needed time (II) / to get used to the idea. (III) / No error (IV)
151. What is the synonym of the word Emaciated ?
152. Choose the correct option which has the same relation like that in the given words :
vociferous : noisy : : intransigent : _____
153. Convert the following sentence into Simple Past tense :
Vinay hears a strange noise in the night.
(A) Vinay will hear a strange noise in the night.
(B) Vinay would have heard a strange noise in the night.
(C) Vinay heard a strange noise in the night.
(D) Vinay has heard a strange noise in the night.
154. Choose the appropriate one word substitute for the given words/sentence :
Fear of clowns
155. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
Annu, though ill-equipped for the project, had ______ tried her best.
156. Choose from the options, the synonym of the given word:
157. Choose the correctly spelt word from the options :
158. Fill in the blank with the appropriate option :
The ancient fountain was hidden ______ the trees.
159. Change the given sentence from direct speech to indirect speech:
Mr. Mathur said, “I want to meet your parents.”
(A) Mr. Mathur said that he wanting to meet my parents.
(B) Mr. Mathur said he had wanted to meet my parents.
(C) Mr. Mathur said that he want to meet my parents.
(D) Mr. Mathur said that he wanted to meet my parents.
160. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
That white house over there ______ belong to my family.
(A) used to
(B) get used to