161. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
There are ______ birds in the countryside now than there were 30 years ago.
(B) a little
162. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
The cold weather has really ______ her health.
163. Choose the correct meaning of the given proverb/idiom :
Jump on the bandwagon
(A) To get out of difficulty
(B) To judge by appearance
(C) To join a popular trend
(D) To get into trouble
164. Choose the correctly spelt word from the options :
165. In the given question, find out which part of the sentence (I/II/III/IV) has an error. Choose the correct option accordingly.
You can drink (I) / chocolate milk either (II) / haute in the winter (III) / or cold in the summer. (IV)
166. Fill in the blank using the appropriate option:
They say that a new baby is ______ every five minutes.
167. Choose from the options, the correct synonym of the given word:
168. Choose from the options, the correct antonym of the given word:
169. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
The salesman was ______ travelling up and down the country.
(A) used to
(B) got used to
170. Choose the correctly spelt word:
171. Choose the correct meaning of given proverb/idiom.
Hit the nail on the head
(A) Go to bed
(B) Do or say something exactly right
(C) Series of problems
(D) Someone who lacks intelligence
172. Fill in the blank with the appropriate option:
The thieves were equipped with ______ keys to the safe.
173. In the given question, find out which part of the sentence (I/II/III/IV) has an error. In case of No error, answer would be (IV). Choose the correct option accordingly.
Each of these (I) / three roads lead (II) / to the railway station. (III)/ No error (IV)
174. Choose the correct alternative for the underlined part of the given sentence. In case no improvement is needed, choose “No improvement”.
I calling her office at 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon.
(A) were calling
(D) No improvement
175. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
A diesel car is usually more ______ than a petrol one.
176. Identify the part of speech underlined in the following sentence.
You can check in online but you have to do it at least four hours before your flight.
177. Fill in the blank with appropriate tense form of the word given in the bracket:
They ______ (stay) in the hotel next to ours.
(A) have staying
(B) was staying
(C) were staying
(D) had staying
178. Choose the appropriate active/passive form of the given passive/active sentence :
The book Baking Delights was published by Penguin Random House.
(A) The book Baking Delights had published Penguin Random House.
(B) Penguin Random House has published the book Baking Delights.
(C) The book Baking Delights published Penguin Random House.
(D) Penguin Random House published the book Baking Delights.
179. Choose the option that best expresses the meaning of the given idiomatic expression :
To kill the fatted calf
(A) To murder somebody
(B) To defeat a strong competitor
(C) To celebrate
(D) To win a lottery
180. Choose the correct option that forms a meaningful complete sentence :
and we decided (I) / playing up (II) / Ananya came over (III) / because hers was (IV) / to use my car. (V)
(A) I, II, III, IV, V
(B) III, I, V, IV, II
(C) IV, III, II, V, I
(D) V, I, III, II, IV