CTET Exam paper 31 January 2021 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) Language 1 – English : CTET Exam paper 31 January 2021 – Paper 1 – Language 1 – English with Answer Key. CTET Paper 1 Exam paper held on 31/01/2021 Part 5 Language 1 – English available with Answer Key. Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national level exam held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), two times in a year to determine the eligibility of candidates for appointment as teachers in Classes 1 to 8.
Exam Paper :- CTET Exam paper 2021 – Paper 1
Part :- Part 5 – Language 1 – English
Exam Date :- 31 January 2021
Exam Time :- 09:30 Am to 12:00 Pm
Total Question :- 30
CTET Exam paper 31 January 2021 – Paper 1
Part – V
Language 1 – English
Directions : Read the passage given below and answer. the questions that follow (Q. Nos. 91 to 99), by selecting the correct/ most appropriate options :
1. Each drop represents a little bit of creation and of life itself. When the monsoon brings to northern India the first rains of summer, the parched earth opens its pores and quenches its thirst with a hiss of ecstasy. After baking in the sun for the last few months, the land looks cracked, dusty and tired. Now, almost overnight, new grass springs up, there is renewal everywhere, and the damp earth releases a fragrance sweeter than any devised by man.
3. I stayed there for hours, watching the water descend, drop by drop. into a tiny casement in the rocks. Each drop reflected creation. That same spring, I later discovered, joined other springs to form a swift, tumbling stream, which went cascading down the hill into other streams until, in the plains, it became part of a river. And that river flowed into another mightier river that kilometres later emptied into the ocean. Be like water, taught Laotzu, philosopher and founder of Taoism. Soft and limpid, it finds its way through, over or under any obstacle. It does not quarrel; it simply moves on.
91. Children respond to the first rains of summer by
(1) giving shouts of joy.
(2) floating paper boats in water.
(3) running and playing in the rain.
(4) singing songs.
92. The tiny spring issuing from the rock is hidden by
(1) thick moss.
(2) maiden hair fern.
(3) bushes and creepers.
(4) tall grass.
93. To become part of a river, a tiny drop has to
(1) have a lot of strength.
(2) depend on external forces.
(3) suffer a lot.
(4) merge its identity.
94. Which of the following words is most similar in meaning to the word ‘pounding’ as used in para 2 of the passage?
95. Which one of the following words is most opposite in meaning to the word ‘descend’ (para 3) as used in the passage ?
96. Which part of speech is the underlined word in the following sentence ?
Almost overnight new grass spring up.
97. Which part of the following sentence contains an error ?
(a) He knew
(b) that he will
(c) go back
(d) on his promise
98. Which of the following statements is not true?
(1) There is renewal everywhere.
(2) New grasses spring up.
(3) The sweltering heat comes to an end.
(4) The damp earth releases a sweet fragrance.
99. The earth does not look ______ before the onset of the monsoon.
Directions : Read the poem given below and answer the questions that follow (Q. Nos. 100 to 105) by selecting the correct/most appropriate options :
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair,
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
100. The tree presses its mouth against the sweet earth’s flowing breast to
(1) express its gratitude to it.
(2) draw sustenance from it.
(3) draw inspiration from it.
(4) express its love for it.
101. The tree prays to God by
(1) swinging its branches.
(2) lifting her arms.
(3) producing fruit and flowers.
(4) providing shade to travellers.
102. Which of the following statements is not true in the context of the poem ?
(1) The tree welcomes the snow on its bosom. :
(2) The tree symbolizes strength and stability.
(3) The tree allows birds to build their nests in it.
(4) It lives closely with rain.
103. Name the figure of speech used in lines 3 and 4.
104. Identify and name the figure of speech used in ‘Poems are made by fools like me’.
105. The word, ‘mouth’ in line 3 refers to the _____ of the tree.
Directions : Answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate options.
106. A language teacher firstly, asks students to introduce themselves to each other in the class. Then she asks them to introduce their friend to each other. This activity will help them to increase
107. Literature should be included in language classroom because
(1) it helps learners to be budding writers.
(2) it gives exposure to different grammatical forms and structures.
(3) it develops moral values among the learners.
(4) it exposes them to different genres, culture and social issues.
108. A teacher makes her learners respond to her actions and speech only by bodily movements. What is this known as ?
(1) Total Physical Response
(2) Task Based Language Teaching
(3) Communicative Approach
(4) Play-way method
109. In a language class students are memorizing the dialogues through drill and practice and the teacher is correcting their pronunciation, mistakes immediately. They are practising the dialogues in chorus. The teacher is following the
(1) Direct method
(2) Natural method
(3) Audiolingual method
(4) CLT method
110. The oral errors of the students can be best corrected if the teacher
(1) corrects an error directly after the student has made the error.
(2) points out the error in general and lets the student try to correct himself first.
(3) ignores the error as it may hamper their learning.
(4) asks other students to help him as peer tutoring is must in schools.