106. In the multilingual classroom learners can interact
(1) in the medium of instruction followed by the school.
(2) in their own language and can be a mix of words from more than one language.
(3) only in the language prescribed in three-language formula.
(4) in the language with which the teacher is familiar.
107. Diagnostic tests are administered to _____.
(1) find out deficiencies of the students with a view to planning remedies.
(2) assess the suitability of a candidate for a specific programme.
(3) test the language proficiency of students for providing them jobs.
(4) judge the students’ capabilities.
108. Structural approach gives more importance to _______
(1) speech and reading
(2) reading only
(3) speech only
(4) reading and writing
109. Which among the following does not come under meaning based activities?
(1) Interacting with the text.
(2) Using previous knowledge.
(3) Reading the text and then narrating the same to peers.
(4) Reading out every word aloud and translating it.
110. _____ comprehension is the skill of reading a piece of text closely or intensely for the purpose of extracting specific information from the text.
111. It is a type of writing in which the teacher provides the situation and helps the class to prepare it. The teacher continuously provides feedback, direction and expansion of ideas to the learners.
(1) Controlled writing
(2) Guided writing
(3) Free writing
(4) Product writing
112. A teacher asked the students of class V to read the text thoroughly. Then she asked them to answer the questions with reference to the context (RTC). In this process she is encouraging students for
(3) intensive reading
(4) extensive reading
113. The term ‘Comprehensible input’ is associated with
(1) Lev Vygotsky
(2) Stephen Krashan
(3) Noam Chomsky
(4) James Asher
114. Which one of the following is not a sub skill of reading ?
115. Which one of the following is least important in enhancing speaking skill of children?
(1) Listening patiently to children’s talk.
(2) Giving them an opportunity to express their feelings and ideas.
(3) Asking closed ended questions.
(4) Organizing discussions on a given topic.
116. At primary level literature is helpful in developing language of learners as :
(1) it encourages the learners to complete the worksheets based on
(2) it is an authentic material covering various genres.
(3) it develops teachers’ interpretative, creative and critical abilities.
(4) it is a good basis for the only expansion of vocabulary.
117. A teacher prepares a worksheet and removes every seventh word from the text. Then she asks the learners to read the text after that they were asked to complete the worksheet with missing word. The task given on the worksheet is a
(1) speaking task
(2) writing task
(3) cloze test
(4) open test
118. ‘Language is arbitrary’ means that ____
(1) something is determined by judgement and for a specific reason.
(2) it is based on a valid reason and not on chance.
(3) there is a strong relation between the words of a language and their meaning.
(4) there is no inherent relation between the words of a language and their meaning
119. The teacher observed that Pravin could not write a paragraph on her own even after brainstorming the topic. However, she was able to write it under adult or peer guidance. This guidance is called ______.
(1) Team teaching
120. The purpose of textual exercise is not to
(1) develop creativity among learners.
(2) provide opportunity to express themselves.
(3) memorise the answers to the questions.
(4) give exposure to language learning.
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) – ENGLISH 2
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) – Hindi
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) – Environmental Studies
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) – Mathematics
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 1 (Answer Key) – Child Development & Pedagogy
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 2 (Answer Key) – Child Development & Pedagogy
CTET exam paper 8 December 2019 – Paper 2 (Answer Key) – Hindi