Directions : Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow (Q. Nos. 100 to 105) by selecting the correct/most appropriate options :
All creation drinks with pleasure, Drinks at Mother Nature’s breast; All the just, and all the evil, Follow down her rosy path. Kisses she bestowed, and grape wine, Friendship true, proved e’en in death; “Every worm knows nature’s pleasure, Every cherub meets his God. Gladly, like the planets flying True to heaven’s mighty plan, Brothers, run your course now, Happy as a knight in victory.
100. Which of the following does not support the idea that Mother Nature’s love embraces all ?
(1) All creation drinks at Mother Nature’s heart.
(2) She bestows kisses on all her children
(3) She loves all the just but not all the evil.
(4) She also blesses us with true friendship.
101. What is the hallmark of a true friend?
(1) He saves you from troubles.
(2) He helps you to enjoy the fruits of nature.
(3) He proves true even in death.
(4) He can take on all the evils for you.
102. Rosy path is followed by ______.
(1) the just
(2) the evil
(3) both just and evil
(4) neither the just nor the evil
103. Identify and name the figure of speech used in “All creation “Drinks at Mother Nature’s breast”.
104. What does the expression, “Brothers, run your course now’ mean?
(1) Keep on moving towards your goal.
(2) Don’t let failures upset you.
(3) Seek god’s help when you are in difficulty.
(4) Cultivate a positive attitude to life.
105. How can we say that God’s creatures are most fortunate and happy ?
(1) The world they live in lacks romance and beauty.
(2) They have no friends to share their joys and sorrows.
(3) They do not have enough pleasures at their disposal.
(4) They have a benevolent Mother Nature to look after them.
Answer the following questions (Q Nos. 106 to 120) by selecting the most appropriate option out of the given options.
106. A Hindi speaking teacher gets posted in a primary school which is in the area of Punjab. Since he doesn’t know the local language of that area. He should :
(1) apply for the transfer to a Hindi speaking area.
(2) motivate the community to learn Hindi, as it’s a national / official language.
(3) communicate in English as it is difficult for him to understand their local dialect.
(4) use the child’s language as a resource and start teaching.
107. While designing a working activity for a language class a teacher should most importantly focus on:
(1) choosing a topic from their surroundings.
(2) giving clear instructions for the task.
(3) providing all the necessary vocabulary required for the task.
(4) assigning an authentic piece of writing task.
108. Some children do not have exposure to English outside the classroom. So, the teacher’s proficiency in spoken English is essential because :
(1) the teacher can give more time to grammar drills.
(2) the teacher can edit the errors in student’s learning process.
(3) the students may listen to and process the new language before they actually communicate in it.
(4) students can imitate, practise and drill the statements or sentences used by the teacher.
109. Which of the following classroom practices helps a teacher to develop oral language among the students ?
(1) Chorus reading of the text with the teacher.
(2) Chorus recitation recitation/individual of the poem after memorising it.
(3) Participating in role-plays on any one of their favourite scenes.
(4) Practising the correct pronunciation of new or unfamiliar words.
110. In a constructivist classroom language learning would most importantly be based on:
(1) group discussion and peer interaction.
(2) minute observation and record of each child’s handwriting development.
(3) correction of spelling errors and making sure that they are not repeated.
(4) carefully completing the language syllabus.
111. As a language teacher which one of the following is most important for you regarding teaching of grammar ?
(1) Memorising grammar rules.
(2) Avoiding grammar rules.
(3) Using functional approach.
(4) Using grammar translation method.
112. Which one of the following is a correct statement about a textbook ?
(1) It is planning of educational activities for the session.
(2) A textbook is the final thing for the teacher.
(3) It helps to achieve the objectives laid down in the curriculum.
(4) The textbooks are the only source to read.
113. The purpose of diagnostic test in language learning is to
(1) give feedback to the parents in the PTMs.
(2) fill the progress report of students.
(3) plan and prepare question paper for summative assessment.
(4) know the gaps in learners understanding.
114. The purpose of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in language is :
(1) to assess the students’ understanding of the textbook.
(2) to assess their learning gaps.
(3) to give regular tests i.e. weekly tests.
(4) to assess the level of competencies achieved by the children.
115. Under which act did English get the status of the associate official language ?
(1) Official Language Act, Article-343
(2) Associate Official Language Act, Article-343
(3) Three Language Formula
(4) National Curriculum Framework
116. A teacher is appreciating a child for his ‘overall language use’, though some of the words were misspelt by him. The teacher is using ______ approach in her class.
(4) Whole language
117. Which approach lays a lot of emphasis on habit formation ?
(1) Cognitive approach
(2) Communicative approach
(3) Behaviouristic approach
(4) Eclectic approach
118. In the context of “theory of multple intelligence’ which one of the following intelligences is related to language ?
(1) Visual-Spatial Intelligence
(2) Fluency-Accuracy Intelligence
(3) Linguistic-Verbal Intelligence
(4) Vocabulary Grammar Intelligence
119. Banishing mother tongue in the classroom is the characteristic feature _____ method.
(3) Grammar translation
120. ________ deals with the level of meaning in language.
Very very excellent manner of the question, best
बहुत बहुत अछा लगा सारे प्रशन उत्तर पढ़ के