Letter writing based questions (146 – 150):
146. Which of these is not a part of a letter ?
147. If you didn’t know the recipient’s name, how would you close the letter?
(A) With love,
(B) Yours sincerely,
(C) Yours faithfully,
(D) Absolutely yours,
148. In inquiring information, regarding admission and equipment costs, etc., a type of letter used is known as :
(A) Bad news letter
(B) Inquiry letter
(C) Adjustment letter
(D) Complaint letter
149. In letter writing format, a title, “Dear John” is an example of
(B) Signed name
(C) Body of the letter
150. How do you end the main body of a formal letter?
(A) By telling the recipient what he should be doing next.
(B) By talking about the weather in your city.
(C) By talking about the weather in the recipient’s city.
(D) By expressing your love for the recipient.