81. निम्नलिखित में से सकर्मक क्रिया का वाक्य है
(a) मंदाकिनी सोती है।
(b) बालिका निबंध लिख रही है।
(c) पक्षी आकाश में उड़ते हैं।
(d) बालक खिलौना पाकर हँसता है।
82. निम्नलिखित में से कौन-सा वाक्य व्याकरण की दृष्टि से अशुद्ध है?
(a) वह दण्ड देने के योग्य है।
(b) चार विद्यार्थी नकल करते हुए पकड़े गए।
(c) मैंने यह पुस्तक पढ़ी है।
(d) उन्होंने अभी-अभी खाना खाया है।
83. निम्नलिखित में से कौन सा वाक्य शुद्ध वाक्य है?
(a) मैं सारी रात भर जागता रहा।
(b) मैं पूरी रात भर जागता रहा।
(c) मैं सारी रात जागता रहा।
(d) मैं पूरी रात में जागता रहा।
84. निम्नलिखित में से किस शब्द में ‘गुण’ संधि है?
85. शब्द ‘अन्वय’ का संधि-विच्छेद है
(a) अनु + अय
(b) अनु + आय
(c) अनू + अय
(d) अनु + आय
Instruction for Question Nos. 86-100.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Choose the correct answer from the alternatives based only on the passage given.
Megasthenese declared that there were no salves in India. He was certainly wrong, but Indian slavery was milder than the form he was used to see in the West and slaves were much less numerous than in the civilizations of the West, hence he may not have recognized the dasa as a slave. The Arthshastra, in many ways more liberal than the religious books, lays down regulations appreciably milder than those we have outlined. The sale of children into slavery is explicitly forbidden except in dire emergency. Slaves are entitled to own and inherit property, and to earn money freely in their spare time. Slaves of the upper classes cannot be forced to perform defiling duties. The chastity of slave-girls is protected, the master who rapes a slave-girl must set her free and pay her compensation, and if she has a child by her master, even with her own consent, both mother and child become free. The humane regulations of the Arthshastra, probably unique in the records of any ancient civilization, are perhaps survivals of Mauryan laws, and it is, therefore, not surprising that Megasthenese declared that there was no slavery in India.
86. Why did Megasthenese declare that there was no slavery in India?
(a) He did not see any slaves in India.
(b) Indian slavery was not cruel.
(c) The Arthashastra made strict laws against slavery.
(d) The Vamashrama system did not allow slavery.
87. The slave-girl was set free and paid compensation if –
(a) she was raped by her master.
(b) she was badly beaten by her master.
(c) people objected to her being a slave.
(d) she belonged to the highest caste in society.
88. The laws allowed slaves to –
(a) own and inherit property
(b) marry a person of their choice
(c) move freely in markets
(d) read religious books
89. According to the passage –
(a) only members of the lowest class were slaves.
(b) only women were slaves.
(c) even the members of the upper class were slaves.
(d) only men were slaves.
90. When Megasthenese visited India he found that –
(a) slaves were sold in the open market.
(b) the sale of children into slavery was quite common.
(c) slaves were not allowed to earn money in spare time.
(d) the chastity of slave-girls was protected by law.
91. Identify the correct Active Voice of the following sentence : The clown was being laughed at by them.
(a) They were laughing at the clown.
(b) They wena laughing on the clown.
(c) They laughed at the clown.
(d) They have been laughing at the clown.
92. Which one of the following alternatives gives the correct synonym of the word Commemorate”?
93. Choose the nearest meaning of the underlined in the following The prices are going up by laps and bounds.
94. Which of the following words is the antonyms of the word ‘Auspicious’?
95. Fill in blank in the following sentence by choosing the most appropriate alternative –
The story is too fantastic to be……
96. Choose the alternative which can be substituted for the following
Time after twilight and before night’
97. Which of the following alternatives gives the correct form of indirect speech of the given sentence?
She said to him, ”why donot you go today?”
(a) She said to him that why he donot go today.
(b) She asked him of he was going that day.
(c) She asked him why he didnot to today.
(d) She asked him why he didnot go that day.
98. Choose from the following the direct speech of the sentence –
She told me that she would do it next month.
(a) She said to me, ”I shall do it next month.”
(b) She said to me, “I shall do it the coming month.”
(c) She said to me, “I shall be doing it the following month.”
(d) She said to me, “I shall be doing it the next month.”
99. Point out the sentence in which the underlined word is an adverb.
(a) To eat and drink temperately is the best way to preserve health.
(b) Temperance is the best way to preserve health.
(c) The best way to preserve health is to be temperate in eating and drinking.
(d) Temperature goes up if one eats and drink intemperately.
100. Which of the following words is not a noun?