21. Ramesh is a very dubious character.
22. Do not indulge in unmindful activities, please.
23. He is suffering from a curable disease.
24. He was born on a very auspicious day.
25. He has deeper hostility towards Mohan.
26. His life is rather monotonous.
27. Macbeth is a morally repulsive character.
28. The serene beauty of Kashmir had a soothing effect on his mind.
29. Life is transient in nature.
30. Sohan is a vain person.
IDIOMS AND PHRASES
Directions : Given below are some idioms/phrases followed by four alternative meanings to each. Choose the response (a), (b), (c) or (d) which is the most appropriate expression.
31. A dark horse
(a) a black coloured horse
(b) a person who wins a race or competition although no one expected him to
(c) a person who keeps secrets
(d) an ignorant person
32. A show-stopper
(a) someone who stops the show
(b) someone who organizes the show
(c) a performance that is extremely good
(d) a fashionable person thing
33. A jack of all trades
(a) someone who has many skills
(b) a confident and not very serious young man
(c) someone who has hit the jackpot
(d) a great businessman
34. Fight tooth and nail
(a) to quarrel with someone
(b) to attack someone with a lot of force
(c) to try hard to prevent something from happening
(d) to try very hard to achieve some
35. Fair and square
(a) in an honest way
(b) in a critical way
(c) neither very good nor very bad
(d) in a foolish way
FILL IN THE BLANK
Directions : Each of the following sentences in this section has a blank space and four words or group of words given after the sentence. Select the word or group of words you consider most appropriate for the blank space and indicate your response on the Answer Sheet accordingly.
36. _______ forests prevent erosion.
37. Three people were arrested and an illegal arms unit was ______ by the police in a raid.
38. A woman got into the car and _______.
(a) drove off
(b) broke down
(c) rode in
(d) drove in
39. The lecture was not very interesting. In fact I _______ in the middle of it.
(a) showed off
(b) put off
(c) dozed off
(d) plugged off
40. The cops ______ murder by kin.