61. Which one of the following cities was named by UNESCO as World Capital of Architecture for 2020 ?
(c) Rio de Janerio
(d) New Delhi
62. Who among the following was named ICC’s emerging player of the year 2018?
(d) Arunav Sinha
(a) Rishabh Pant
(b) Josh Hazlewood
(c) Hasan Ali
(d) Mustafizur Rahman
63. India’s first private sector Howitzer gun-making unit is located at
64. Which of the following pairs of old names and new names of islands in India is/are correctly matched ?
1. Ross Island : Shaheed Dweep
2. Neil Island : Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep
3. Havelock : Swaraj Dweep Island
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 3 only
65. Who among the following was posthumously conferred with the Ashoka Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry award, in 2019?
(a) Jyoti Prakash Nirala
(b) Nazir Ahmad Wani
(c) Hangpan Dada
(d) Mohan Nath Goswami
66. As per the code of the nomenclature, which one of the following is the correct way of writing a biological name?
(a) Amoeba Proteus
(b) Amoeba proteus
(c) amoeba proteus
(d) Amoeba Proteus
67. Which one of the following state ments regarding Electrocardiogram is correct?
(a) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of electrical activity of cornea
(b) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of activity of kidney
(c) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of activity of brain
(d) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of electrical activity of heart
68. Which one of the following statements regarding Penicillin is correct ?
(a) Penicillin resistant bacteria can store this antibiotic in vacuole
(b) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called β-lactamase
(c) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called lactic acid dehydro genase
(d) Penicillin is not absorbed by bacteria; so most bacteria are resistant
69. Which one of the following organelles of mammalian cell is rich in hydrolytic enzymes?
70. Which one of the following statements regarding Cholera is correct ?
(a) Cholera is a disease that causes loss of memory
(b) Cholera is a disease of muscles due to consumption of alcohol
(c) Cholera is a disease due to consumption of contaminated food or water
(d) Cholera is a genetic disease
71. Two metallic wires A and B are made using copper. The radius of wire A is r while its length is l. A dc voltage V is applied across the wire A, causing power dissipation, P. The radius of wire B is 2r and its length is 2l and the same dc voltage V is applied across it causing power dissipation P1. Which one of the following is the correct relationship between P and P1 ?
(a) P = 2P1
(b) P = P1/2
(c) P = 4P1
(d) P = P1
72. Consider the following statements about a solenoid :
1. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the number of turns per unit length in the solenoid
2. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the current flowing in the wire of the solenoid
3. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the diameter of the solenoid
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1 and 2 only
73. Light year is a unit of measurement of
(a) very large distances
(b) time interval in years
(c) amount of light received on earth in a year
(d) mass of atoms
74. The focal length of the objective lens of a telescope is 50 cm. If the magnification of the telescope is 25, then the focal length of the eye-piece is
(a) 12.5 cm
(b) 5 cm
(c) 2 cm
(d) 10 cm
75. Which one of the following forces is non-central and non-conservative ?
(a) Frictional force
(b) Electric force
(c) Gravitational force
(d) Mechanical force
76. On exposure to moist air, copper gains a green coat on its surface due to formation of which one of the following compounds ?
(a) Copper carbonate
(b) Copper oxide
(c) Copper sulphate
(d) Copper nitrate
77. Which one of the following will NOT produce carbon dioxide on reacting with an aqueous solution of hydrochloric acid ?
(b) Quick Lime
78. Which one of the following substances is NOT a mixture ?
79. Which one of the following is an example of Salt-Crystal growth?
(a) Chemical weathering
(b) Physical weathering
(c) Biological weathering
(d) Bio-chemical weathering
80. Which one of the following is the coal correct sequence of proved in the reserves Indian States in decreasing order?
(a) Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal
(b) Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal
(c) Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh
(d) Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Jharkhand