81. Which one of the following is a correct sentence ?
(A) I am living here since 1995.
(B) I have been living here since 1995.
(C) I were living here from 1995.
(D) I was living here since 1995.
82. Each of the Girl Scouts ________ community project.
83. In the question below, a part of sentence is underlined. Choose the correct alternative which may improve the sentence :
He is elder than John.
(A) Older than
(B) Elder to
(C) Older to
(D) Elder from
84. Choose the correct translation of the following word from the given options :
85. Killing of a new-born baby.
(D) infant – murderer
86. Replace the underlined part of the following sentence with one word from the following options :
This plate is liable to be easily broken.
87. A person who studies the influence of heavenly bodies on human beings.
88. A remedy for all diseases.
89. What does the word “pre-war’ means?
(A) before the war
(B) after the war
(C) during the war
(D) between the war
90. Choose the appropriate prefix to make the new word:
91. Choose the appropriate suffix to form new word :
92. Choose the correct word.
The of the dress led to the misfit. (shrink)
93. I wish I had seen the show last night. I heard it was a good performance.
94. Fill in the blank with an appropriate word from the options given below:
She is for the job.
95. Fill in the blank with an appropriate word from the options given below :
My parents from Pakistan in 1947.
96. Fill in the blank with an appropriate word from the options given below:
She has given her to the proposal.
Read the passage and answer : Q. 97 to 102
Vehicular pollution causes serious health problems. Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbons emitted by motor vehicles trigger off a complex chain reaction resulting in dangerous pollutants such as ozone, aldehydes and ketones. The prolonged inhalation of carbon monoxide present in the toxic fumes reduces the carbon carrying capacity of the blood, and may cause headache, sickness and even death. Likewise, unbumed fragments of hydrocarbons form smog thicken with elements that may cause cancer.
97. The central idea of the passage is –
(A) Reaction of pollutants
(B) Ill effects of vehicular pollution
(C) Causes of cancer
(D) Pollutants of atmosphere
98. Which of the following is likely to cause cancer?
(A) Inhalation of carbon monoxide
(B) Reduction of carbon
(C) Unburned hydrocarbon
99. Which word in the passage means the Same as “lengthy’ ?
(A) Chain reaction
100. What reduces the carbon carrying capacity of the blood ?
(A) A complex chain reaction.
(B) Unburned fragments of hydrocarbons.
(C) The pollution from vehicles.
(D) Breathing carbon monoxide for a long time.